As an excuse to get out of the house on a beautiful summer day (before it gets too hot) we checked out a nearby park as a potential “big thinking” location. On the way we picked up some In and Out Burgers: A Double Double for Philip, Cheeseburger for Greg. Both animal style!
The burgers average $3.50 with tax per serve.
On the holiday evening we went non-traditional: no grill. Instead we put out a spread of grapes, Roquamole (Avocado & Roquefort), salami, chorizo, parma ham, paté, grapes and corn chips.
A veritable feast and we consumed almost all before heading off for a hike to an overlook to watch fireworks.
- The Roquefort was $3.74 but we only consumed half, or 94c per serve
- The paté was $5.49 or $2.75 per serve
- The combo meat tray was $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- Two avocado were $2.59 and we shared one, or 65c per serve
- Organic blue corn chips were $2.79 for a large pack and we used half, or 75c per serve.
- Add 30c for grapes.
A relaxing graze while sipping a sparkling a sparkling Rose from New Zealand for $7.89 per serve, without the bubbly!