A long time ago, in a Country far away, we used to enjoy a Ham, Camembert and Chives on Walnut Bread from The Junction Gourmet Kitchen (Newcastle). Since we had Ham and Camembert we decided to give it a go.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Camembert was $1.71 and we finished half, or 24c per serve
- We shared a serve of ham for 14c per sandwich
- Chives were $2.49 and we used ¼, or 31c per serve.
Toasting the sandwich softened the Camembert and released a lot more flavor than we experience last Monday. While not quite as good as the original, this was an enjoyable sandwich for $1.44 per serve.
Now that we have perfected the Duck Breast, and there is a moderately reliable supply at Whole Foods, we have made it a “monthly” experience, as the price is comparable to our other premium proteins.
- The Duck was $13.75 or $6.88 per serve
- The noodles are $3.19 for the pack, or $1.60 per serve
- The Bok Choy was $1.73 or 87c per serve.
As always, the Duck is perfectly cooked, and the sides a great balance. An excellent meal for $9.35 per serve.