For lunch we had an English muffin with avocado and wild caught smoked salmon.
- The muffin is 50c
- The smoke salmon was $5.99 from Whole Foods or $3.00 a serve
- The avocado was 99c or 50c per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.004 a serve.
Eggplant, sausage and ziti casserole: from a hybrid of recipes. The basic inspiration is from an Emeril recipe from Food Network. When we’ve cooked this in the past we found the recipe to hav41$e too much oil, so we grill the eggplant.
Instead of Emeril’s meat sauce we used a metacook recipe. The béchamel sauce stayed untouched, although made with half-n-half.
- The meat came from our meat box and was somewhat expensive at $8.83 lb for the beef, or $2.21 per serve.
- Onion works out at 15c per serve
- Carrot is 17c per serve
- Celery is 11c per serve
- Bacon cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/4 of that, or 31c per serve
- A glass of wine is 20c per serve
- A half pint of heavy cream (for the meat sauce) is $1.99 and it was all used in the meat sauce or 50c per serve
- A pint of half & half is $1.49 and half is used in the béchamel, or 19c per serve
- The eggplant cost $1.92 or 48c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost us $4.32 per serve. We have left-overs for Saturday night, as we expect to be home later than usual.