A nice, simple Ham, Cheese and Kumato Sandwich, although with Chipotle Cheddar.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- The Chipotle Cheddar is 38c per serve
- Garlic Spread is 40c per serve
- Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve.
A decent sandwich for $2.12 per serve.
We had planned Egg Drop Soup but lacked sufficient Eggs, so we substituted an Aldi Potato Soup served with toasted Italian Bread.
- The Italian Bread adds 22c per serve
- The soup is $1.03 per serve.
The soup is surprisingly good. A simple, quick meal for $1.25 per serve.
It was way past time for a Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich from Skewers, so we indulged in our favorite sandwich for $11.85 per serve with a shared Fries.
We are always looking for ways to serve up Bratwurst, so tonight we took a classic “Pork and Beans” approach, by reheating in some Carolina Baked Beans and serving with an Apple Slaw.
- Beer Bratwurst were $4.49 or $2.25 per serve
- The Carolina Baked Beans were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Coleslaw mix adds 35c per serve
- The Envy apple was $1.38 or 35c per serve
- Add 20c for apple cider vinegar and seasoning.
While the Beans were a bit mushy, the flavor was good, and worked well with the Beer Bratwurst. The Coleslaw bought balance to the meal for $4.15 per serve.
Today’s lunch was Shin Ramen with Bok Choy for $1.67 per serve.
Tonight’s Turkey Bacon Chipotle Meatloaf was served with Mashed Potato and Green Peas with Pearl Onions.
- The Meatloaf is $3.13 per serve
- Prepared Mashed Potato is $3.64 and we shared half, or 91c per serve
- Green Peas add 45c per serve
- Pearl Onions add 35c per serve.
A tasty meal for $4.84 per serve.
We finished cooking a par-baked mini-baguette that we spread with Burrata and stuffed with Speck and Arugula.
- The par-baked roll was 86c per serve
- The Speck was $3.99, and we shared about ⅔, or $1.34 per serve
- Arugula adds 40c per serve
- The Burrata was $4.99, and we shared one, or $1.25 per serve.
As it turns out the Burrata added little to the sandwich, where the primary flavor drivers were the Speck and Wild Arugula. A good sandwich for $3.85 per serve.
After sweating some Shallots and Capers we mixed the remaining Smoked Salmon into our Scrambled Egg Mix and cooked it quickly: Australian Style. We topped on Toast spread with a Compound Butter made with our Tomato Herb mix we purchased just outside Positano on the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 37c per serve
- Two Pastured Eggs are 76c per serve
- Butter adds 40c per serve
- Imported Herbs add 40c per serve
- The Smoked Salmon adds $1.35 per serve
- Half a Kumato adds 30c per serve.
A tasty, and surprisingly filling, meal for $3.58 per serve.
For lunch we shared a Specially Selected Mushroom, Marscapone & Authentic Italian Cheese for $2.00 per serve.
Our ‘date night’ meal tonight was the Lamb Gyro Meat on Buttered Rice with a side of Iceberg Lettuce for $14.54 per serve.
A classic Ham, Cheese and Tomato Toasted Sandwich is still a great sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- A slice of Gouda is 34c per serve
- Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve
- Semi-dried Cherry Tomatoes add about 40c per serve
- Add 45c for Mayonnaise.
A classic is a class for good reason. A good lunch for $2.53 per serve.
A completely new recipe for us – Smoked Mussels and Avocado Salad – was met with some trepidation by Foodie Philip.
- The canned Smoked Mussels were $1.79 per serve
- Arugula adds 55c per serve
- Avocados are $1.06 or 53c per serve
- Kumatos were $3.69 for six, and we shared one, or 31c per serve
- Add 40c for Shallot and Seasoning.
Foodie Philip loved it! It had a lot of flavor and the balance of Avocado and Smoked Mussel was very pleasing to the palate. A good meal for $3.58 per serve.
For a simple lunch we heated a Spanakopita from Trader Joe’s for $2.25 per serve.
Foodie Greg built a Dashi Broth and prepared a very nice Ramen Bowl with Bob Choy, Pork Belly, and an Onsen Tomato, or Hot Spring Egg.
- The Dashi Broth adds 89c per serve
- The Pork Belly is $6.49 or $3.25 per serve
- The Ramen is $1.63 per serve
- Bok Choy adds another 48c per serve
- A Pastured Egg adds 48c
- Add 60c per serve for other ingredients.
A very tasty meal, helped a long way by the Pork Belly, for $7.33 per serve.
A return to a favorite toasted sandwich: Chorizo, Bell Pepper and Gouda.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Gouda is 34c per serve
- The Chorizo was $4.72 and we used half, or $1.18 per serve
- Fire Roasted Peppers cost $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
A great sandwich for $2.76 per serve.
After the somewhat confusing Tuna Tartar in Maiori (Italy) Foodie Greg decided to give it his own take.
- Twelve ounces of Ahi Tuna from Aldi is $5.62, and we shared ⅔, or $1.88 per serve
- The Burrata was $4.99, and we shared one, or $1.25 per serve
- Add 55c per serve for Capers, Shallot and other Seasonings
- Add 20c for Wild Arugula
- Add 45c for Crisp Bread.
A more successful Tuna Tartar that was seasoned to our taste, for $4.33 per serve.
A Ciabatta Roll with a hot Rissole makes for a great lunch.
- The Ciabatta Roll is 58c per serve
- We shared a $2.72 serve of Rissoles, or $1.36 per serve
- Butter Lettuce adds 10c per serve
- Add 15c for the Carolina BBQ Sauce.
A decent lunch for $2.19 per serve.
While the immersion circulator was still out we used it to sous video a half Rack of Lamb, which we seared and served with a Citrus Salad.
- The full Rack of Lamb was $5.98 per serve
- The Feta was $6.49 and we shared ½, or 81c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for Shallot and other ingredients
- Mint, Lemon and Grapefruit came from our garden.
It was nice to have so much of the meal from our own garden. A very tasty and balanced meal for $7.09 per serve.
Lunch was Pork Chili Verde Enchiladas from Viva La Fiesta for $17.00 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight we sous video two Duck Breasts, seared them to perfection and served on a bed of Wild Rice with an Endive and Lemon Salad.
- The Duck Breasts were $14.78 or $7.39 per serve
- Wild Rice Mix is 64c per serve
- Two Endive were $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Preserved Lemon was from our pantry
- Add 45c for Almonds
- The Orange was $1.84 or 92c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic and seasoning.
A very tasty and well balanced meal for $10.60 per serve.