A simple lunch of chicken wraps, with avocado and arugula.
- Split four ways, the $9.99 chicken is $2.50 a quarter or $1.25 per serve
- The flatbread is 50c
- Arugula adds 25c per serve
- An avocado is 99c or 50c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
An optional add-on to this month’s Prather Ranch meat delivery was pork sausages. We opted for the ‘rustic’ version without any added flavorings (or sweetener) and they were great.
Cooked in a bean casserole, somewhat similar to a cassoulet it gives the sausage a chance to shine, while still being surrounded by a delicious sauce. We made a half batch for the two of us.
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/8 of that, or 32c per serve
- Butter is $1.99 per pack, or 13c per serve
- Onion, thyme, parsley and garlic add 17c per serve
- White wine adds 40c per serve
- Diced tomatoes are $1.49 a can or 75c per serve
- Beans add 80c per serve
- Bread croutons (1/2″ pieces are not crumbs) 70c per serve
- The sausages $12.46 for two packs, or $3.11 per serve for the best pork sausages we’ve ever had.
Dinner tonight cost $6.38 per serve.