Circumstances dictated a late lunch, and with an early dinner planned, a full wrap seemed like too much, so we had half each. We used theTrader Joe’s Just Chicken’ again.
- The $6.99 chicken pack contains six serves, or 59c a serve
- The flatbread is 25c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/12 or 17c per serve
- Today’s salad was a repeat of the Kale and Broccoli pack we had a couple of days ago. The pack is $2.49 and for today’s lunch we used 1/8 or 16c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.16.
We combined a trip to the Apple Store in Simi Valley with a side trip for Popeye’s Fried Chicken. As well as the Red Beans and Rice we served it with the remainder of the Kale and Broccoli salad from Trader Joes.
- The 10 piece pack is on special for $13.99 ($15.20 with sales tax because it’s hot takeout), or $1.52 per piece. We served two pieces per serve for $3.04.
- Popeye’s Red Beans and Rice is $4.35 with tax (also hot) and we split it for $2.18 per serve.
- Kale and Broccoli pack we had a couple of days ago. The pack is $2.49 just over half was left, or 78c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $6.00 per serve.