It was supposed to be a Burbank Monday with the normal In and Out Burger but a last minute change saw Foodie Philip back home for lunch, scratching for leftovers.
- The 10 piece pack is on special for $13.99 ($15.20 with sales tax because it’s hot takeout), or $1.52 per serve of one piece
- Leftover red beans and rice from last night is $2.61 per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.13.
We last tried Asian Peanut Noodles late in February where it showed enough promise to give it another go. We dropped the cilantro, carrot and sugar, substituting sweat chili sauce for some sweetness with added flavor. Greg chose ponzu over soy because of it’s citrus overtones.
- The soba buckwheat noodles were $3.49 and we used the whole packet or $1.60 a serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/4 in the recipe or 50c a serve
- Our ginger came free from a friend clearing her pantry before leaving town for an extended period.
- The bell pepper was $1.49 or 50c a serve
- The cucumber was 46c or 15c per serve
- Scallions (spring onions) were $1.29 or 43c a serve
- Add 25c a serve for the seasonings
Dinner tonight cost $3.43 a serve. It might not be the pretties dish we’ve served, but it’s very tasty.