Chicken wraps again.
- Supermarket roast chicken is $7.99 and we get four portions from it, with one breast split into two wraps, or $1.00 per serve.
- The salad kit is $3.49 and we used about 1/3 split over two serves, or 75c per serve.
- The flatbread is 25c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/12 or 17c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.17 per serve.
A leftovers night anchored by the roast chicken legs and thighs from the supermarket chicken, with the left-over red beans and rice, and the remainder of the salad kit we’ve been using for lunch wraps.
We reheated the red beans and rice in the cast iron pot it was cooked in,on the induction cooktop set to 195ºF, so it never actually boils. The chicken was placed on top to gently steam hot, which was very successful with no drying.
Note: In our ‘new’ home we don’t have a microwave oven. We thought we’d really miss it, but after three months, we find we can comfortably avoid one.
- 1/4 of the roast chicken is $2.00 per serve
- Leftover red beans and rice is $2.61 per serve.
- The salad kit is 75c per serve.
Dinner tonight was quick because it was mostly leftovers or prepared food, and cost $5.36 per serve.