A cool ‘May gray’ day was perfect pie weather, and a Trader Joe’s Steak and Ale Pie hit the spot perfectly.
- The two pack is $6.49 or $3.25 per serve.
This is a recipe that Foodie Greg created, but it’s a pretty basic seafood stew. It’s big advantage is that everything is available from a supermarket. The recipe makes six serves and it’s a favorite of Foodie Philip
- Canned Salmon $4.99 or 83c per serve
- Two cups of Half & Half $1.79 or 30c a serve
- 2.3 lbs of potato was $2.26 or 38c per serve
- Two carrots were 30c or 5c per serve
- Carton of chicken broth $1.99 or 33c per serve
- A medium onion is around 20c or 3c per serve.
The salmon chowder cost us $1.92 a serve. Served with Simple Truth Ready to bake garlic bread – $2.50 for the loaf (on special) or 60c per serve.
The total for this quick and easy meal is $2.52 per serve.