Wild caught smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers on an onion bagel. What’s not to like?
- Smoked salmon is normally $5.99 for the 4oz pack, but today it was on special at $1 off, with another $1 coupon, or $2 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Lunch today cost $2.98 per serve.
What to do with a pound of ground pork from our last meat delivery? Stir Fried Shanghai Noodles with Ground Pork and Cabbage, that’s what. The recipe makes four very generous serves.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.55 or $2.14 per serve
- The pre-cooked organic noodles retail for $3.19 or 80c per serve
- The various seasonings add around 30c per serve
- We used one third of the $1.29 spring onion on two serves or 22c per serve
- The shredded green cabbage was $1.29 for the pack, or 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $3.79 per serve for a filling and very tasty dish.