It’s quesadilla time again. Our variation that is.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.46 per serve.
The nice thing about recipes for four, when you’re a couple of two? Two meals for the same amount of work. Tonight we reprised the Stir Fried Shanghai Noodles with Ground Pork and Cabbage. The recipe actually made five serves, making one free lunch yesterday.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.55 or $2.14 per serve
- The pre-cooked organic noodles retail for $3.19 or 80c per serve
- The various seasonings add around 30c per serve
- We used one third of the $1.29 spring onion on two serves or 22c per serve
- The shredded green cabbage was $1.29 for the pack, or 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $3.79 per serve for a filling and very tasty dish.