Another supermarket roast chicken gets broken down into four meals: two breasts shared for lunches; leg and thigh served with accompaniments.
Today’s wrap featured kumato and baby lettuce.
- The $7.99 chicken is broken into quarters, and one breast is shared for lunch wraps, or $1.00 a serve
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A single kumato (black tomato) halved is 33c per serve
- The baby lettuce is $3.99 a pack and we shared 1/8 of it, or 25c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.41 per serve.
Foodie Greg created a greek inspired pasta salad with brown rice pasta, black olives,cucumber, cherry tomatoes, shallot, and feta cheese.
- The shallot is $1.05 or 27c per serve
- ‘Grape’ tomatoes are $2.99 for the pack, or 75c per serve
- 1 lb of Persian cucumbers was $1.99, of which half went into this meal, or 25c per serve
- The olives add another 40c per serve
- The good feta comes in a $6.99 tub and we used about half, or 88c per serve
- Add 10c for seasonings and oil.
Our meatless Tuesday salad cost just $2.65 per serve.