We’re out of chicken for wraps, so why not a smoked salmon bagel? Again with capers, tomato and cucumber as a closed sandwich.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve
- We split 1/6 of the $3.99 pack of kumato tomatoes, or 33c per serve
- 1 lb of Persian cucumbers was $1.99, of which one went into this meal, or 12c per serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Lunch today cost $4.43 per serve.
The leg and thigh from the supermarket roast chicken was accompanied by Nigella Lawson’s Vietnamese Chicken Salad. We kept the chicken intact and served the salad on the side.
- Each serve is one quarter of the $7.99 chicken, or $2 a serve
- The shredded green cabbage was $1.29 for the pack, or 33c per serve
- The ingredients for the sauce add another 35c per serve
- Organic mint cost $1.75 or 44c per serve
- The limes for the dressing were $1.56, but only about half the juice was used, leaving the rest for the accompanying Gin and Tonic – 20c per serve.
We have salad left over for use in lunch wraps. Tonight’s dinner cost $3.32