Since Whole Foods was on the shopping agenda, lunch sushi came from there. Not surprising, it was more expensive than sushi from Ralph’s (Kroger).
- Kika Tsunami combo $15.99 or $8.00 per serve
- Kika Sunomono (cucumber salad) $3.69 or $1.85 per serve.
Lunch today cost $9.85 per serve. The sushi was good, but definitely not twice as good as the Ralph’s supermarket sushi.
Every month’s Prather Ranch meat delivery has ‘fajita beef’ included. Tonight we continued the tradition of using it for anything but fajitas!
Beef Stroganoff is a classic dish, so what better recipe to use than Martha Stewart’s? I remember my mother making a huge pot of it for pot luck style dinner parties. The beef broth was dropped to keep the sauce at a thicker consistency.
- .7lb (just over 11 oz) of fajita beef is $9.79 or $4.90 per serve
- White mushrooms $1.25 or 63c per serve
- Other white mushrooms (for variety) $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- An onion is 10c per serve
- The sour cream is $4.99 per pack, but we used about 1/8 or 32c per serve
- Egg noodles are $1.99 for the pack, but we only used half, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $7.45 per serve.