Another serving of sushi from Whole Foods, who seem to have changed provider since our last visit.
- Spicy Tuna Roll: $8.69 or $4.35 per serve
- Cucumber Roll: $6.39 or $3.20 per serve
Lunch today cost $7.55 per serve.
With the hot weather we’ve been having, it was a welcome return to a favorite: Nigel Lawson’s watermelon, feta and black olive salad. It’s a summer regular and very, very good.
- At $4.99 the watermelon is more than enough for about eight serves, or 63c per serve
- Feta comes in a $6.99 tub and we used half, or about 70c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 38c per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 13c per serve
- About $1 of the $1.29 pack of mint was used, or 25c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Dinner tonight (and tomorrow night) cost $2.33 per serve. It’s an excellent dish and every time we serve it for someone, they want the recipe.