Something different was called for when we discovered we had a ripe avocado in the fridge. The secret to the success of this meal was Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning Blend which is amazingly good. We can’t wait to try this on watermelon!
- The avocado was $1.49 and we shared it, for 75c per serve
- The English muffin is 50c per serve
- Add 20c for arugula and the seasoning.
Lunch today cost $1.45 per serve.
While we’ve had a Muffaleta Pasta Salad before, this was an interesting variation using Cheese Tortellini as the pasta and cheese components. It worked very well.
Regardless of what the recipe says, this makes four serves.
- The tortellini cost $7.49 or $1.88 per serve
- The salami cost $3.50 or 87c per serve
- Black olives cost $2.40 or 60c per serve
- Green olives cost $2.40 or 60c per serve
- The bunch of organic parsley was $1.49, but we only used 1/6 or around 10c per serve
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 or 41c per serve
- Add 25c per serve for seasoning and oil.
Dinner tonight worked very well and was $4.71 per serve.