We still had the lavash flat bread, but as we’d run out of chicken and gyro meat, it was time for a tuna salad (tuna with a little mayonnaise, capers and cucumber) with arugula in the wrap.
- The lavash is $1.99 for six pieces or 34c per serve
- The can of tuna in water cost $1.49 or 75c per serve
- Add 30c for arugula and the seasoning.
Lunch today cost $1.39 per serve.
A simple salad of avocado, mango and arugula with chili-lime shrimp was perfect on a hot day.
Last time we used a mango it came from Whole Foods and was a big disappointment because it was completely tasteless. Today’s mango came from Smart and Final and was full of flavor and half the cost!
- The mango was 89c or 45c per serve
- Two avocado’s were $2.58 but we used only one, or 65c per serve
- The baby arugula was $2.99 for the pack, or 75c per serve
- The pack of frozen shrimp was $14.99 or $7.50 per serve
- Add 15c for the chili lime seasoning for the shrimp and salad.
Dinner tonight was $9.50 and a great meal with a very generous serve of shrimp.