We went back to the sliced ham wrap with a mix-up salad from Ralph’s and sour cream for the sealant layer. Unfortunately the ham does not separate well, so we won’t be repeating this combination.
- The wholemeal wrap is 50c
- The $3.99 salad kit will do six serves, or 67c per serve
- The ham was also $3.99 and will do four serves, or $1.00 per serve
- 16oz of sour cream are $3.79 but we used about 1oz per serve, or 24c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.41 per serve.
Thursday night is traditionally our steak night, although we’ve not been very strict about observing it, so it was time to defrost a Prather Ranch aged New York Strip Steak and pair it with crash hot potatoes and creamed spinach.
It’s been a bit of a Pioneer Woman week: the crash hot potato recipe came from her as did last night’s French Onion Soup!
- 12 oz of aged NY Strip Steak is $20.22 or $10.11 per serve.
- The pack of baby spinach was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The whipping cream was $1.79 or 90c per serve
- The pack of potatoes was $3.99 but we used about 1/8 of the pack or 25c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $12.26 per serve, and was every bit the equivalent of a $40 steakhouse meal.