Since it turned out our onion bagels had gone off while we were away, we used the last two par-baked rolls to support some smoked salmon, cream cheese, cherry tomatoes and capers.
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve
- Add 5c for capers.
- The two cherry tomatoes have already been accounted for.
Lunch today cost $4.10 for smoked salmon!
Because we were off to a movie premiere Foodie Greg cooked chili ahead of time, so we could simply reheat and eat.
The bacon, black bean and beef chili is great and makes five serves.
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/2 of that, or 50c per serve
- Onion and garlic – about 5c a serve
- The beef we used is expensive – pasture raised, dry aged ground beef from our monthly meat delivery – at $9.08 or $1.82 a serve
- Spices – about 12c a serve
- Diced fire roasted tomatoes are $2.19 the can, or 44c per serve
- Tomato paste was 89c or 18c a serve
- The beans were 99c a can, or 20c a serve
- Cheese was 55c per serve
- Sour cream cost $3.99 but we used 1/4 on tonight’s meal, or 50c per serve.
All up dinner cost us $4.36 for a very filling serve.