- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The roast chicken is $9.99 for the bird, but we used .75 of a breast, or 94c per serve
- Deli rice salad salad is $2.69 or 67c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.44 per serve.
Tonight we did a variation on Pioneer Woman’s Easy Chilli Rellenos. In this iteration we substituted butternut squash, bacon and smokey cheese for the basics in Pioneer Woman’s recipe.
Once again, we purchased butternut squash pre-cut. The biggest hassle with using it as an ingredient is the peeling and chopping. Buying pre-cut eliminates the issue. Baked ahead of the casserole, it should be just soft when going into the oven.
Bacon and smokey cheese are always a good combination. We decided the bacon could be cooked a little longer, until just crisp, to add more texture.
- The pre-cut butternut squash was $1.99 for a 12oz pack or $1 per serve
- We used half the $2.84 pack of ‘Dutch smoked cheese’ (not Gouda!) or 71c per serve
- Eggs are 50c each or $1.25 per serve
- We used bacon ends and pieces where the pack was $3.49 but we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve
- A pint of half and half is $1.49 and half was used or 37c per serve
- Add 5c for seasoning.
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.96 per serve. The squash, bacon and cheese is an excellent combination.