With much left over ham and a cold day, what better than warm ham, tomato and mustard rolls, with par baked rolls.
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve
- We split one serve of ham or 50c per serve
- The kumatoes were $3.49 or six, or 58c each, and we split one
- Add 10c for the Dutch mustard.
Lunch today cost $1.73 per serve.
Foodie Philip caught some bug on the aircraft home, so Greg found and cooked Côte d’Azur or Cure-All Soup. Garlic and chicken stock thickened with egg yolks it tastes a lot more interesting than the picture above.
The recipe made three serves.
- Six organic brown eggs are $2.69 or 90c per serve
- A whole head of garlic went into the soup: 50c or 18c per serve
- Organic chicken stock $2.30 or 77c per serve
- Parmesan cost $6.99 but we used about 1/4 for this salad, or 58c per serve.
- Add 40c for herbs and seasonings.
Although we forgot the oil for serving, this was amazingly delicious for just $2.83 per serve. It seems to work as Philip is on the mend.