Today we used the second half of the second breast of a large supermarket chicken split across two wraps.
- Wholemeal wrap is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- Deli edamame salad was $3.44 or 86c per serve
- The chicken is $9.99. Divided into four portions or $2.50 each, one breast is split into two serves, or $1.25 per serve.
Lunch today was $2.94 per serve.
Since there were still two serves of last night’s soup Foodie Greg worked on making it better. The addition of some chopped Trader Joe’s Bratwurst and smoky seasoning definitely elevated the dish. I guess there’s nothing like adding a bit of meat to improve a meal! The potatoes got a little more mashed as well.
We also added a dollop of sour cream when serving for a little creaminess, but also for a little hit of acid to freshen the soup. The sour cream was definitely a worthy addition and could have been stirred through to make it more like a traditional chowder.
Once again we served with the roasted garlic bread.
- Last night’s soup cost $2.96 per serve
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- Sour cream cost $3.99 but we a tiny amount on tonight’s meal, or 25c per serve.
Tonight’s version of the soup was very much improved and cost $4.96 per serve.