We modified our usual lunch to use our second flatbread. We’re really enjoying the Stonefire Artisan Flatbread from Ralph’s (Kroger).
- The flatbread is 63c per serve (on special)
- Chicken is $1.25 per serve (half a breast shared)
- Hummus is 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.88 per serve.
With ground beef in the freezer, and a black bean mix we weren’t entirely happy with, the two magically became bacon and black bean chili! The recipe makes six serves
- There were four serves of black bean left for a total cost of $5.48 or 92c per serve
- The dry aged ground beef was $8.69 or $1.45 per serve
- Chipotle adds another 20c per serve
- Green onions add 20c per serve
- An avocado shared cost 89c per serve
- We substituted labne for the sour cream at 28c per serve
- A little cheddar cheese adds 50c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was pretty good as it’s hard to screw up chili, for just $4.44 per serve.