Because we could, we repeated the bacon and tomato from a BLT on a very nice sprouted multigrain bread from Trader Joe’s with some supermarket tabouli.
- The sprouted wholemeal is $3.49 a loaf with 18 slices, or 39c per two slice sandwich
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used 1.5 per serve, or 88c
- We used one kumato per serve or 58c
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve
- Eggless mayo add another 15c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.67 and was pretty good.
The remaining roast chicken (thighs and drumsticks) needed to be used and what better to accompany it than an Edamame and Ginger Pilaf?
Greg created a dressing from tahini and labne with a little water and oil to thin it out and a sprinkle of salt. It was definitely unusual, but really tasty with the chicken and pilaf.
- The chicken is $2.50 per serve
- An onion adds 15c per serve
- Rice adds 62c per serve
- Ginger and spices add another 15c per serve
- Labne adds 25c per serve
- The organic tahini came from Trader Joes and is $3.49 for a 10oz jar, or 52c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $4.19 and was pretty good.