A trip to buy a new wheelbarrow bought us right past The Country Deli on our way home, so we stopped in for lunch. Even after perusing the menu, Philip had the ‘usual’: marinated skirt steak, eggs and home fries. Greg had an excellent pastrami rueben, the second half of which we finished later in the afternoon as a snack.
Lunch at The Country Deli costs $22.00 with tax and tip.
Looking for a different way to prepare thin cut pork chops Greg found Pioneer Woman’s Pork Chops with Wine and Garlic, which was pretty good.
- The pork chops were $9.82 or $4.91 per serve
- A whole head of garlic is 50c and we used half, or 13c per serve
- Snow peas were $2.99 but we used only half a container, or 75c per serve
- Red wine adds 25c per serve
- The carton of beef broth was $2.49 or 16c per serve
- Add another 25c per serve for seasonings
- Egg noodles are $3.69 for the pack and we used half, or 93c per serve.
Dinner tonight was tasty and cost just $7.38.