A nice sunny so we toasted an onion bagel each, and filled it with kumato, shallot, capers and smoked salmon. Delicious.
- An onion bagel is 50c
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- Add 25c for labne, shallot and capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $3.75 per serve.
A return to a favorite: Crunchy Thai Salad. We simplified a little, leaving out the bock choy and cilantro, but added Chili Lime Cashews for a little extra crunch.
In the past we’ve topped the salad with seared tuna, or rare steak, but tonight we tried some thinly sliced beef jerky from our Prather Ranch source. Sliced thin across the grain so it wasn’t ‘chewy’ in the salad.
- 3 oz of spicy beef jerky is $6.40 or $3.20 per serve.
- Snow peas are $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 and we used half, or 41c per serve
- Mung beans sprouts are 79c and we used a tiny fraction, or 10c per serve
- A Persian cucumber is 97c, or 24c per serve
- Green onions cost 79c for the bunch and we used about 1/3 or 14c per serve
- The arugula was $2.29 for the pack, but we used 1/3 or 38c per serve
- Add 30c for the dressing ingredients
- We used about 1/4 of the $6.99 pack of Chili Lime Cashews, or $1.17 per serve.
This is an amazing salad, and the beef jerk added an interesting texture and beef flavor to the dish. Dinner tonight cost $6.94.