Since it was a cool day, we decided to have something warm out of what was in the refrigerator. Ham and cheese scrambled eggs on an English Muffin was the result.
- An English Muffin is 50c
- Pastured eggs are 50c each and we had 2.5 per person, or $1.25 per serve
- Cubed ham was $2.50 or $1.25 per serve
- The packet of parmesan cost $6.99 but we used about 1/5 for three servings, or 47c per serve
Lunch today was delicious and cost $3.47 per serve.
A cool night leads to thoughts of stews and soups, so tonight we enjoyed a charcroute garni with pork spare ribs, and Bavarian bratwurst as the meats.
- The pork spare ribs were $9.70 or $3.23 per serve
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.17 per serve
- A bag of potatoes is $3.99, but we used only half, or 67c per serve
- Carrots cost 62c or 21c per serve
- The sauerkraut cost $7.29 or $2.43 per serve
- Garlic and onion add 18c per serve
- Juniper berries add another 20c per serve.
Dinner tonight was excellent. The spare ribs were perfect and the whole meal was full of flavor for $8.09 per serve.