For lunch we decided to go for an English ‘fry up’ breakfast: bacon, baked beans and fried egg on toast. It really hit the spot.
- The toast is 50c per serve
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Four eggs at 50c were $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used 3 per serve, or $1.75 per serve
Lunch today was delicious and cost $4.25 per serve.
The apple soy braised pork ribs is a new recipe for us, but after the success with braised ribs last time, there will be no more smoking them for us.
- The baby back ribs were $9.64 or $4.82 per serve
- Two granny smith apples cost $2.12 or $1.06 per serve
- Onion and ginger adds 15c per serve
- Organic baby carrots add $1.99 for the pack or 50c per serve
- 3/4 cup apple ginger juice adds 50c per serve
- Add 65c for the seasonings
- The bok choy was $1.99 but we used half, or 50c per serve
- Rice adds 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was really good: great flavor and the ribs were very tender, and cost $8.68 per serve.