Foodie Philip was in Burbank in the middle of the day, so the Tuesday special at Popeyes called.
- Each two piece pack is $1.95 with tax
- Half the Large Red Beans and Rice is $2.19 with tax, per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.14 per serve.
For a period we had congee quite regularly then we got tired of it, as happens, but after more than a year, it was time to give it another go with Brown Rice Congee with Shiitake Mushrooms and Greens.
We substituted the remaining bok choy for the greens, and opted for a poached egg(s).
- The mushrooms were $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Brown rice adds 50c per serve
- Stock adds $1.00 per serve
- The bok choy was $1.99 but we used the second half, or 50c per serve
- Add 35 for garlic, ginger and seasoning
- Eggs add an average of 75c per serve.
Dinner tonight was very satisfying with good flavor, and cost $4.50 per serve.