Another perfect day, another BLT, but this time on a par baked rustic roll.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used 2 per serve, or $1.27 per serve
- We used one kumato per serve or 58c
- Eggless mayo add another 15c per serve
- Lettuce adds 15c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.78 and was pretty good.
Sunday night seems to be trending as “pot roast night.” Tonight a new recipe from Emeril, which features garlic, as you expect.
With the addition of a little horseradish and worcestershire to the blended ‘gravy’ elevated this to “really good.” Although Emeril says the dish serves six, we got three and a half generous serves, say three.
- 2.3 lb of Cross Rib Roast cost $21.37 or $7.12 per serve
- A pack of six micro packs with 20 organic garlic cloves per pack cost $2.79, or 16c per serve
- Organic celery was 59c or 20c per serve
- Organic carrots were 26c, or 9c per serve
- Onion adds 10c per serve
- Add 35c for wine and seasonings
- The pilaf – rice and onion – runs 63c per serve.
Tonight’s excellent dinner cost $8.65 per serve.