On our way back home we stopped in at Whole Foods for some supermarket sushi for $9.69 per serve.
With a lot of yellow mash left over, Greg decided to make bubble and squeak – refried leftover vegetables. Unfortunately, our non-stick pans were also no help creating a crust.
- The squash cost $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Russet potatoes weer $1.49 but we used 2/5 or 15c per serve
- Sour cream is $2.99 for a tub, and we used 1/3 or 25c per serve
- Spring onion adds 15c per serve
- Bacon ends and pieces were $3.99 per pack, but we used about 1/3 or 67c per serve
- An onion adds 12c per serve
- Pastured eggs are 5oc each or $1.00 per serve.
Dinner tonight was tasty despite the lack of crust for $2.84 per serve.