For lunch today we tried something different: two different sandwiches split between us to provide more variety. We did a curry pickles and cheddar on one, and chicken breast, sun dried tomato and greens on the other.
- The sprouted wholemeal is $3.49 a loaf with 18 slices, or 39c per two slice sandwich
- Wildbrine Madras Curry Pickles add 35c per serve
- The cheddar is $5.99 per block and we used 1/4 or 75c per serve
- Chicken breast adds 63c per serve
- Sun dried tomatoes $3.99 for the jar and we used less than 1/5 of the jar or 50c per serve
- Add 10c for the leafy green mix
- Eggless mayo add another 15c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.87 per serve and both sandwiches were very good.
Another hot day, another salad, but at least this one doesn’t have strawberries, although there is still 1/3 of the punnet waiting! We’ve had another corn and black bean salad before, and both it, and this version, are great salads.
We paired with some frozen shrimp, lightly fried. The salad made three serves. We dropped the cilantro as neither of us like it, and replaced it with lemon balm from our garden.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99 (on special), but we only used half, or $1.75 per serve
- The fire roasted corn is $2.49 per pound but we used half, or 42c per serve
- The bell pepper is 99c or 33c per serve
- Canned black beans, Cuban style, are 99c or 33c per serve
- A large shallot and seasonings add 30c per serve.
Dinner tonight was fresh, light and tasty for $3.13 per serve.