More lunch sandwich variations: Avocado and Sardine, Neufchatel and Pickled onions.
- The sprouted wholemeal is $3.49 a loaf with 18 slices, or 39c per two slice sandwich
- A can of sardines in water is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The avocado was $1.50 or 75c per serve
- The neufchâtel cheese is $1.49 for the pack, and we used less than half, or 38c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.52 per serve
The potsticker stir fry recipe is a new one for us, and quite intriguing: could a potsticker replace a protein?
Yes it can. In fact the potstickers were definitely the best part of this otherwise quite dull dish, which made three serves
- The potstickers were $2.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sliced criminal mushrooms were $2.29 or 77c per serve
- A tray of asparagus was $3.69 or $1.23 per serve
- Organic baby carrots were $1.69 for the pack, of which we used half, or 43c per serve
- Green onions (scallions) were $1.29 and 1/2 went into the recipe, or 22c per serve
- Ginger adds another 25c per serve
- Add 35c for seasonings per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was okay with the potstickers being the best part, for $4.25 per serve.