Time to finish off last Sunday’s pulled pork. We finished baking some rustic par baked rolls and stuffed them with reheated pork and some ceviche onion.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- We shared one serve of the pulled pork, or $1.68 per serve
- Add 5c for ceviche onion.
Lunch today, as it always is with this combination, was delicious for $2.36 per serve.
We had a top sirloin roast from our Prather Ranch meat delivery, and were having a guest for dinner, so it was the right time to roast it, using the prime rib method of a slow cook to internal temperature, then a quick, hard heat to brown the outside. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare without gray rings.
The roast garlic butter mushrooms used to be a regular dish in our rotation but we haven’t had it for quite a while, apparently not since we started keeping this record!
- The top sirloin was $29.94 but we’ll get at least five serves, or $5.99 per serve
- One pound of mushrooms were $4.49 or $1.50
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/5 for three serves, or 27c per serve
- Garlic adds 5c per serve.
Tonight’s excellent steak and mushroom dinner was $7.81, or a fraction of the cost of the same meal