Since we still had hamburger buns, we assembled our sandwiches on them, after toasting. Hamburger buns are the most boring of bread.
- Hamburger rolls are $1.88 for 8 or 24c per serve
- The pastrami beef was $4.99 for 8 oz, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 94c per serve
- The cheddar is $3.99 a block and we used 1/3 or 67c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve
- Lettuce is 20c per serve
- Add 25c for spicy labné.
Lunch today was compromised by the hamburger buns, but was still tasty at $2.30 per serve.
The smoked salmon Cobb salad was one of the more successful variations with feta substituting for the cheese.
This was still an excellent salad.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- A pastured egg is 50c (only on special)
- Bacon end pieces were $3.99 and we used less than 1/4 or 50c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $3.49 and we used about half, or 88c per serve
- Add 20c for shredded arugula.
- The avocado was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve.
This is a great variation on a Cobb, and the feta was the right choice. A great mixture of salty, fresh, creamy and egg for $6.24 per serve.