We had left over pulled pork to use, so we finished cooking some par-baked rolls and stuffed them with pork with just a few pickled onion shards for crunch.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- The pork shoulder chop cost $10.97 and we’ll get four serves, or $2.74 per serve
- Add 5c for the civiché onion.
You can’t go past a pulled pork sandwich, and this is a great one for $3.42 each.
In freezer clean-out mode, and because we’re focused on a deadline, we settled for Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout pies, with an Australian-style salad: iceberg lettuce, tomato, pickled beetroot and cheddar.
- Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout pies are $6.49 for two or $3.25 per serve
- The cheddar was $4.41 but only used half or $1.10 per serve
- The beets in vinaigrette were $1.69 and we used about 1/3 or 28c per serve
- The lettuce was 99c and we used about half tonight, or 17c per serve.
- Tomatoes were $2.99 and we used about half, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was tasty enough for a meal prepared in a hurry, and cost $5.30 a serve.