More sandwich combinations on village bread (a dense grain bread we enjoyed a lot in Amsterdam). Today apple and caramelized onion cheddar, and a repeat of the corned beef and spicy labné sandwiches. The sandwiches were split and shared.
- The bread is $2.99 for the loaf of 12 slices, or 50c per serve
- The corned beef was $14.99 for 1.2 lb, and we used about 2 oz in this sandwich, or 79c per serve
- The cheddar is $3.99 a block and we used 1/3 or 67c per serve
- The apple was 96c and we used 2/3, or 32c per serve
- Add 25c for spicy labné and mustard aioli.
Today’s sandwiches were returning favorites for a good reason: they’re great and just $2.53 per serve.
A friend invited us out for Thai food at Krua Thai and paid for the meal. We enjoyed Tom Ka Gai, eggplant with ground pork, stuffed chicken wings, and duck on rice. All were great.