During a shopping trip, bahn mi were purchased for enjoyment at lunch. An excellent bahn mi, although a little pricy at $8.50 each with tax and tip. In fairness, it’s a big serving.
We’ve eaten very well during September and one of the meals from earlier in the month was worth repeating: smoked salmon cobb salad.
This was still an excellent salad.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- A pastured egg is 50c (only on special)
- Bacon end pieces were $3.99 and we used less than 1/4 or 50c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $3.49 and we used about half, or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for shredded arugula.
- The avocado was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve.
This is a great variation on a Cobb, and the feta was the right choice. A great mixture of salty, fresh, creamy and egg for $6.11 per serve.