We purchased a toasted sandwich press this week and have been testing. So far the results are far from good and it’s likely going back. This Cuisinart model leaks cheese out the back making a terrible mess.
We had a pastrami, sauerkraut & cheese and a brisket, bell pepper and cheese.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 15c for labné
- The 2+ lbs of corned beef was $13.55 but we used about 3oz for today’s dish, or 62c per serve
- The brisket came from lunch on Friday without direct additional cost
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared two or 40c per serve.
- Add 25c for bell pepper and mustard.
Lunch today cost $1.74 per serve.
A new stir fry recipe: Szechuan Green Beans with Ground Pork is simple and fairly tasty. We chose it, mostly, to use up the green beans!
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $4.16 per serve
- The green beans were $2.99 but we used about half, or 75c per serve
- Add 50c for the seasonings
- Add 33c for rice.
Dinner tonight cost $5.74 sharing the dish across two serves. Rice is not the perfect accompaniment to ground meats because of the textural similarity, and it could have used a little more heat, but otherwise this was a reasonably tasty dish.