Today’s mixed sandwiches: chicken salad (from Trader Joe’s) and silverside, Branson pickles and labné.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 64c per serve
- Add 20c for the spicy labné
- Branson pickles are $4.99 for the jar, and we shared 1/8 or 32c per serve
- The chicken salad was $3.99 and we shared one third, or 67c per serve.
Lunch today was satisfying for $2.25 per serve.
Thursday night steak night features rib eye steak with a Nigella Lawson inspired Vietnamese salad, which worked out pretty well.
- The dry aged rib eye was $22.40 or $11.20 per serve
- Persian cucumber was 60c or 30c per serve
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 and we used 1/3 or 25c per serve
- Limes (for juice) add 30c per serve
- Watercress adds 60c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Add 15c for carrot
- Add 20c for fish sauce and other seasonings.
Tonight’s meal was dominated by the salad’s dressing, which wilted the watercress but was intensely flavored. The steak was perfectly cooked (for us) and had great texture, but only a fairly mild flavor. All up, a great meal for $13.75 per serve.