The mix of sandwiches evolves depending on what we have left over in the refrigerator or what we feel like.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 64c per serve
- Add 20c for the spicy labné
- Branson pickles are $4.99 for the jar, and we shared 1/8 or 32c per serve
- The ham cost $16.51 on special and will make at least 15 serves, or $1.10 per serve, although we used 1/3 of a serve shared, or 18c per serve
- Hummus is 30c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.96 per serve.
Using fillet mignon for a stir fry might seem extravagant, and frankly it is, but while fillet has great texture it has very little flavor so the stir fry isn’t such a bad idea and we enjoyed the black pepper beef last time. Since the fillet comes in our Prather Ranch meat box it’s not something we chose.
For a little variation, we added bean sprouts to our rice instead of the stir fry. They might as well have been added to the stir fry!
- Just over half a pound of fillet was $16.19 or $8.10 per serve
- The pack of bell peppers was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Onion and garlic add 25c per serve
- Add 50c for the other ingredients
- Add 30c for rice.
The fillet was a really good choice for the stir fry (cost notwithstanding) because it remains tender through a quick fry, and picks up the flavor from the sauce. A good meal for $10.15 per serve.