Because it was the weekend we added egg(s) to our flatbread quesadilla with the cider braised pork.
- The flatbreads add 50c per serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- Bacon is $5.49 for 10 slices or $1.10 per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
- Eggs are 55c each or 82.5c per serve (average).
Lunch today was a good quesadilla for $2.91 per serve.
It turns out that the kedgeree that we’ve been having isn’t particularly authentic, so when Foodie Greg came across Jamie Oliver’s recipe for a more authentic kedgeree, we decided to give it a go, with our new favorite fish: smoked trout.
For us the recipe served two, but we used a lot less fish and about the same amount of rice, and we dropped the yoghurt and coriander.
- The rainbow trout fillets are $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- Add 33c for basmati rice
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used 2, or 70c per serve
- Add 25c for garlic, onion and ginger
- Add 55c per serve for an egg
- Add 25c for the remaining ingredients.
This kedgeree was very different from the Anglicized Kedgeree we’ve been cooking, but with the smoked trout this was exceptionally good for $5.83 per serve.