A repeat of some favorite sandwiches, although the use of Swiss instead of cheddar turned out well.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Three heirloom tomatoes were $2.87 and we shared 1/3 of one, or 32c per serve
- Add 45c for labné and butter
- The 1.25 lb of beef pastrami was $7.69 (32c an ounce), and we used two on the sandwich, or 64c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- Gouda slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve.
Lunch today was tasty for $2.23 per serve.
A favorite meatloaf is the Mushroom and Red Wine Meatloaf from Chowhound. Tonight we paired with steamed sugar snap peas and baked kabocha squash.
The meatloaf will make four very generous serves, exactly the kind we like! Greg created a demiglace of reduced red wine and beef stock.
- The ground beef is $4.65 per serve
- Baby portobello mushrooms were $3.29 or 82c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.00 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The kabocha squash was $1.84 and we shared half, or 46c per serve
- The sugar snap peas were $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- Red wine for the demiglace adds 50c per serve
- Beef stock fro the demiglace adds 50c per serve.
The meatloaf came out well for $6.55 per serve. The kabocha squash and snap peas add another $1.21 to the meal for a total of $8.76 withe the demiglace for a very, very generous portion of meatloaf and satisfying meal.