Back to toasted sandwiches. Today we paired a “sweet and spicy” tuna pouch with Swiss on one sandwich; and combined roast turkey breast, moon touched tomatoes and Swiss on the other.
- The tuna was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The moon touched tomato adds 15c per serve
- The turkey breast is $2.99 for 8 oz and one went on the sandwich, or 38c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
A couple of decent sandwiches for $3.03 per serve.
With our Keller Crafted meat supply dwindling ahead of the next delivery, we used up two packs of ground beef in a Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf, which we served with Cauliflower Mash, Mushroom Marsala gravy and sugar snap peas.
The recipe makes four generous serves.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.49 or 63c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.00 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The cauliflower was $3.00 or $1.50 per serve
- The sugar snap peas were $3.99 and we used 1/4, or 50c per serve
- The marsala gravy was $2.99 for the jar but we used ⅓ tonight, or 50c per serve.
Overall, tonight’s meatloaf and mash was just okay. We felt the meatloaf was lacking “something.” I would hope for better for $9.45 per serve.