Once more with toasted sandwiches for lunch
- The pastrami was $11.99 for 16 oz and we used 2 oz, or 63c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The tomato adds 25c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Lunch today cost $1.98 per serve.
Because it’s salad weather we revisited out simplified “Cobb” salad with burrata and smoked trout.
- The burrata was $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- The Persian cucumber was $1.99 or 50 per serve
- Grape tomatoes were $2.49 for the pack, but we used half or 63c per serve
- We used one can of smoked trout per serve at $3.49
- Add 30c for watercress.
Dinner tonight was a good combination of smoked trout with the freshness of the cucumber and tomato and creaminess of the burrata. The sprinkling of “Everything but the Bagel” spice (Trader Joe’s) really melded the dish. We enjoyed it for $7.42 per serve.