Lunch was a do-over of Sunday night’s dinner! The Shredded Chuck Roast on a rustic panini roll with Kale Sunflower Crunch salad. We did not have the dipping liquid but made sure there was plenty of juice on the roll.
- The roast was $20.88 or $2.61 per serve for this meal
- The panini roll is 63c
- The salad kit was $3.49 and we’ll get four serves, or 88c per serve.
The pulled beef is every bit as tasty as pulled pork, and it was an excellent lunch for $4.12 per serve.
We decided to rethink the Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Rice Bowl of a couple of nights ago. Instead of rice we filled the bowl with bean sprouts and carrot, drizzled with some rice wine vinegar. The pork was sprinkled across the top.
- The ground pork was $8.35 and we shared the third serve, or $1.39 per serve
- Add 25c for ginger, onion, garlic and chili, etc
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used almost the rest of the bag or 40c per serve
- Add 20c for grated carrot.
This was an experiment that worked really well. The bean sprouts are a crunchy wet counterbalance to the umami of the pork while the carrot bring a hint of sweetness to the dish. We both really liked it for $1.24 per serve!