Since we had a tasty heirloom tomato we decided to go for the simple cheese and tomato toasted sandwich, which was good.
- The heirloom tomato was $1.57 and we used half on the sandwiches, or 40c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and mayo.
A good sandwich for $1.50 per serve.
We’ve enjoyed several good jambalaya over the years, and recently a deconstructed version at the Yardhouse chain. While deconstructed this goes in a different direction. The rice gets the vegetable component in the pressure cooker, while the andouille sausage and shrimp were Sous Vide to perfection. The rice mix made four serves.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- The andouille sausage was $7.98 for the pack and we used half or $2.00 per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve
- The celery was $1.69 and we used ¼ or 11c per serve
- Organic bell pepper was $1.17 or 29c per serve
- A can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes is $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for seasonings.
Keeping the shrimp separate allows us to cook it to its perfect temperature, which is a lot lower than if it sat in a boiling stew! The andouille was fine sous vide but we think we’ll fry it off Yardhouse-style next time. A great meal for $5.36 per serve.