For lunch we tried a new bread – Dave’s Killer Organic 21 Grains – that we like although a little sweet for our taste. The goal is to find a tasty bread that doesn’t need toasting and this one works.
Filled with Trader Joe’s Egg Salad and Sweet Clover Shoots, this was a pretty good sandwich, and not toasted was a nice change.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is $4.99 for the loaf of 16 slices, or 63c per serve
- Egg Salad is $3.69 for 8 oz and we had 2 oz each, or 93c per serve
- The shoots cost $2.99 and we shared ¼, or 38c per serve.
A good sandwich for $1.84 per serve.
When you can get a pound of lamb loin chops for $11.49, there’s no excuse not to buy and grill them. We grew up with lamb chops and these from New Zealand are likely a result of herd downsizing due to drought, which drives the price down.
We paired with a salad of balsamic maserated strawberries, cucumber and feta with dolmas on the side to bulk out the meal a little.
- Lamb chops were $12.18 or $6.09 per serve
- Cucumber was 31c or 16c per serve
- Strawberries were $3.49 but we shared half, or 88c per serve
- The tin of dolma’s is $2.49 or 55c per serve
- The Valpresso feta was $9.99 for the tin, but we used half of a 1/6 portion, or 42c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for the balsamic and seasonings.
We used the remaining strawberry balsamic mix for a dressing on the lamb chops, which were a perfect medium rare and very tasty. A simple, but great meal for $8.60 per serve.