Back to toasted sandwiches. Today we shared a Heirloom Tomato and Swiss and a pseudo Reuben of Pastrami, Sauerkraut and Swiss.
- The pastrami was $11.99 for 16 oz and we used 3 oz across two sandwiches, or $1.13 per serve
- Two heirloom tomatoes were $4.35 and we shared half of one, or 54c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The Bubbies (natural) Sauerkraut is expensive at $6.99 or 22c per serve, but it is a very superior sauerkraut without the bad odor of most sauerkraut
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
A pair of decent sandwiches for $2.99 per serve.
Tonight we had the roast chicken legs from our supermarket chicken, and served with a bean and rice pilaf, based on this basic recipe, but with black beans and bone broth. The recipe makes four serves.
- The chicken leg is $1.75 per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve
- Canned black beans are 25c per serve
- The bone broth was $2.99 for one pint, or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for seasoning & turmeric.
The bone broth infused pilaf was really tasty and overall it was a decent meal for $3.28 per serve.