We had to finish the heirloom tomato before it went off, so we went classic: tomato, Swiss with garlic spread.
- Two heirloom tomatoes were $4.35 and we shared half of one, or 54c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 45c for garlic spread and butter.
When the ingredients are good, simple is great for $1.54 per serve.
Our expected meat delivery looked like it was going to be delayed so we defrosted some lamb loin chops for the grill. We paired it with the remaining Bean Pilaf and a serve of Tikka vegetables. A little bit of cuisine from all around the world.
- The lamb loin chops are $13.40 or $6.70 per serve
- The bean pilaf is $1.53 per serve
- The tikka vegetables were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
While the cuisine seemed eclectic it was a good meal for $9.23 per serve.